After you created your blog, I would strongly suggest that you put a tracker code on your blog. This is very important because you can keep track with the visitors on your site. Information that you can keep track are number of pageviews, number of visits, location of the visitor, average time on site, unique visitors etcetera. If you use Blogger then I would STRONGLY suggest to use Google Analytics as it is very easy to install, very easy to use and absolutely FREE!
Step by step tutorial on how to put or install Google Analytics Code in your blog or site.
1. Login to your Blogger account.
2. Backup you Template.
3. Open Google Analytics page.
4. Click on Add Website Profile.
5. Select Add a Profile for a new domain.
6. Enter you blog URL with out the "http://".
For example: bloggertinker.blogspot.com/
7. Click Finish.
8. Copy the tracking code provided.
The code should look something like this:
9. Go back to your blog Layout Page.
10. Click on Expand Widget Templates.
11. Locate </body>.
12. Just before this code, paste the tracking code provided by Google Analytics.
13. Click SAVE TEMPLATE.
If you go to your Analytics page, your Website profile will have a warning icon. It means that Google is still processing your request. Just wait for a couple of minutes and your status will be Check.
Now you can already keep track of you visitors.
Reader Questions - Batch 11
1 year ago